ATU’s Ukrainian Response

The Atlantic Technological University deplores the invasion of Ukraine and the displacement of its people.  We will work to support displaced Ukrainian students to continue their studies while here in Ireland.   

ATU offers a variety of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes at level 6-10 on this framework. You can review the full range of ATU courses HERE 

The academic year begins in September. For those whose application is based on second-level school-leaving exams and who are entering Higher Education for the first time, offers of places in the first year are usually issued after the results of the Irish leaving Certificate exam become available. It is anticipated that the first round of offers for the Year 1 intake will issue on the afternoon of September 8th this year. If all first-round offers are not taken up, additional offers may issue on subsequent rounds. 

In Ireland all programmes of education are mapped to the National Framework of Qualifications.  


Study can be undertaken in either full-time or part-time mode. The mode of delivery is related to the programme.  Normally, students studying on full-time undergraduate programmes are required to  attend on-campus lectures. We deliver part-time and postgraduate programmes both on campus and online.   


Recognition of foreign qualifications  


  1. NARIC guide – Ukrainian   

  1. NARIC guide – Russian   

  1. NARIC guide – English   


 Process for applying to do a programme   


  1. You need to register with the National Student and Researcher (NSR) Helpdesk which was established to assist Ukrainian students and researchers who are seeking to continue their higher education studies in Ireland.  They will review all your documentation  and advise you of suitable programmes and colleges. 

  1. ATU will automatically be advised by the NSR of any person who is interested in studying a programme at ATU. 

  1. ATU will review any applications received and advise the applicant of the outcome. 


How to Register with the NSR Helpdesk 

Call the helpdesk at +353 (0)1 474 7788 or email the  and include the following information in your email: 

  • full name 

  • country of origin 

  • current location in Ireland 

  • Confirm if you have completed high school/are taking the final exam this year 

  • If in University, which university you are registered with in Ukraine? 

  • What you would like to study in Ireland 

  • Where you would like to study in Ireland 


It is important to note that applicants must be covered by the EU’s Temporary Protection Directive to apply to study through the Helpdesk, and therefore, must be living in Ireland. 


Other helpful information can be sourced on and  Citizens Information