Sports Scholarship Eligibility
Eligibility for New Entrants to ATU:
To be eligible for selection for a Sports Scholarship, the applicant must:
- Be eligible for admission to ATU as an undergraduate/postgraduate student for the first time
- Be pursuing a full-time course at any ATU campus, including ATU St. Angela’s
- Be participating in a sport recognised by Sport Ireland. In exceptional circumstances ATU may accept applications from athletes who are participating in sports not recognised by Sport Ireland.
- Be available to compete for the university within their chosen sport
- Have demonstrated high achievement in their chosen sport (level of achievement is relevant to the sport) in the last 2 years – See sporting level required.
- Demonstrate outstanding ability in their chosen sport and demonstrate an ability to compete at Provincial, National or International level
Note: Scholarship recipients must apply annually to retain their scholarship. A satisfactory level of academic and sporting progress is essential, if the scholarship is to be renewed on an annual basis.