Fees & Funding

Course fees vary for each part-time course. It is important that you check the relevant course webpage for further information regarding the fees for your interested course. Links to our course webpages are included in the course list above.

Self-Funding Students 

To help make payments more manageable for students who are self-funding, ATU has a variety of payment options that include payment per semester, in-full or by instalment. For specific fees for each online programme, please visit the programme webpage.

Employer Funded 

If your employer is partly or fully funding your course, you will need to organise payment through the ATU Admissions team with your employer.  

Springboard Funded Students 

If you are a Springboard+ funded student completing a Level 6 programme, it is fully funded by the HEA, and you are not required to make any payment towards your tuition fees. If you are completing a Level 7 – 9 programme it is 90% funded and you are required to pay the remaining 10% tuition fee.  

The HEA require you to confirm your registration status on the Springboard+ platform at specific times during the academic year to ensure your tuition fees are released to ATU. The Springboard+ Co-ordinator will send you an email when you are due to complete these registration steps. 

Skillnet Funding 

Skillnet Ireland partner closely with Industry to fund upskilling programmes which are responsive to business needs. ATU has partnered with a number of Skillnet bodies to provide funding on specific programmes. These programmes can be noted by the inclusion of the Skillnet logos and information on the programme pages. 

Tax Relief 

As ATU is listed by the Irish revenue as an ‘APPROVED INSTITUTION’ students are eligible to claim tax relief at the standard rate for tuition fees. In order to determine your own eligibility and if the course you have applied for qualifies for a tax refund, please read the information on the Revenue website:https://www.revenue.ie/en/personal-tax-credits-reliefs-and-exemptions 


Guide to Fees, Funding & Financial Supports

Finances can be a daunting consideration when choosing your course but there are so many opportunities available to help you fund your learning journey. Read our Guide to Fees, Funding & Financial Supports to help you fund your Online, Flexible & Postgraduate studies.


Fees, Funding & Financial Supports Guide (PDF, 2.80MB)

If you have further questions, please contact the relevant campus below.