Welcome to ATU - Your Future is Here
Congratulations on receiving an offer from Atlantic Technological University. You should be incredibly proud - your hard work and determination has given you the opportunity to study at one of Ireland’s newest universities.
Going to university is a big step and we’re here to help you on your journey. We will be sending out more information in your Offer pack in September. For now the most important thing is to accept your offer on the CAO website.
If you didn't receive an offer, or are not happy with your offer be sure to check out CAO's Available Places facility. ATU has places on a select number of undergraduate courses starting this September. Find out more about Available Places at ATU.
You can contact our team on firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you might have.
1. The first step in the process is accepting your offer from the CAO on www.cao.ie.
2. Our registration team will email all applicants who have accepted an ATU offer within 3 working days, after each round of offers closes. The email will include all the links and information needed to register. Visit www.atu.ie/register for more information.
3. Once you have registered you are ready to start your university journey with ATU. We have lots of information on Inductions at each campus available on www.atu.ie/induction
1. Accept Your Offer
Log on to the CAO website to accept your offer. You must do this before the reply date published by the CAO. If you miss the CAO deadline and still wish to accept your place, please get in touch with the Admissions Office.
Round 1 Acceptance Deadline – Tuesday 5th September at 3pm.
Round 2 Acceptance Deadline – Wednesday 13th September at 3pm.
To accept your offer, or see the full list of dates, go to www.cao.ie
After you have accepted your offer through the CAO (www.cao.ie), you will receive a registration email from ATU within 3 working days after the round closes. Once you receive the email from ATU, you can register anytime between the dates listed in the registration email. This must be completed before induction and the start of class
How to Register:
1. Visit our Registration page, www.atu.ie/register
2. Click on the relevant campus
3. Complete all of the action items to register
What you need:
To register, you will need your User ID and active directory password, details of which can be found in your registration email. A credit/debit card will be required if you are paying for your fees.
3. Welcome to ATU
Once you have accepted your offer and registered online, it is time to start your journey as an ATU student. Welcome to the start of your university experience. It’s an exciting time! We have several supports in place to help you enjoy these first steps on the journey that will lead to your independence, your education and eventually, your career.
1. Visit www.atu.ie/welcome
2. Select your campus for details on locally organised events
3. Attend Induction, our comprehensive Induction Programme and Connect for Success: Your first five weeks will make your transition to university an easier one
4. Induction dates for ATU Sligo and Galway-Mayo campuses are the 14th and 15th September. The Induction date for ATU Donegal campuses is the 13th, 14th & 15th September. Induction dates in St. Angela’s are the 12th, 13th & 14th September.
5. Teaching will start on Monday 18th of September for first year students
6. Get involved Joining a club or society is a great way to meet people with similar interests, try out something new or pursue your passion. University life is more than just study. It is also about experiences and friendships. That is why we encourage students to join at least one club or society – and with over 100 to choose from, we have something for everyone.
If you are not happy with your CAO offer, you can still apply to ATU through Available Places, where we have a select number of undergraduate courses for entry this September 2023.